How to Get Affordable Auto Insurance for Sports Cars
Sports vehicles have a high value and, as a result, they carry a higher amount of risk. If you own a sports car, you may be planning to spend some time on the open road and then keeping your vehicle tucked away out of sight most of the time. But, when it comes to getting auto insurance for that car, you may instantly find that it’s expensive. Is there a way to save on car insurance for these vehicles?
Know Why You’ll Spend More
Consider auto insurance from the standpoint of the insurer. A sports car carries risks for the insurer in various ways:
- They are often driven at high speeds, making them more likely to be involved in accidents.
- Sports cars are more valuable. As a result, an accident that leaves the vehicle totaled is much more expensive to replace.
- These vehicles are more likely to be involved in moving violations in many states, which can lead to higher rates.
Even though the cost of auto insurance for sports cars is higher, there are several ways you can reduce those costs to ensure it is more within your budget.
Ways to Save
If you are considering the purchase of a new vehicle or looking for more affordable car insurance, these tips can help:
- Bundle the policy with other insurance you need, such as home insurance, other vehicle policies, and life insurance. This reduces the overall costs.
- Maintain a clean driving record.
- Be upfront and honest with the insurer about how often you’ll drive the vehicle. Low mileage driven vehicles can qualify for a discount.
- Ensure your credit score is as high as possible.
- Don’t stop at just one insurer. In many cases, auto insurance companies may compete to offer you a lower rate.
Auto insurance is a must for sports cars, but it doesn’t have to be too expensive. Shop for this type of car insurance before you decide to buy the vehicle so there are no surprises in the costs later on. And, maintain safe driving habits and a low claim history to protect your vehicle’s costs from rising. Doing this can help you save money and still enjoy your new sports car.
How much could you save? Call ACF Insurance Services Inc at (919) 661-1100 for more information on Raleigh auto insurance.