Avoid a DWI with These 5 Safer Alternatives
It’s nice to go out with friends and have a few drinks to celebrate an occasion or wind down after a stressful week. But a fun night can quickly go south if you’re pulled over for drunk driving or—even worse—if you cause an accident. Getting behind the wheel while intoxicated is never a good idea. And if you’re caught, it could cost you thousands. A DWI on your record will typically increase your auto insurance rates and may require you to file for SR-22 coverage as well.
Rather than endanger the lives of everyone around you, consider these safer alternatives after a night of drinking.
1. Call a cab: It might be irritating to have to find a ride back to your car the next day, but calling a cab is much safer than driving while intoxicated.
2. Choose a designated driver: If you’d rather not fuss with a cab, do a bit of planning before you leave for the evening. Choose one person in your party to remain sober so he or she can drive everyone home safely.
3. Ask a friend for a ride: Another option is to call a friend or family member for a ride. The minor inconvenience of leaving home late at night is worth it if it helps save lives.
4. Crash at someone’s house: Take advantage of a kindhearted friend who lives nearby. Maybe he or she will let you crash on the couch until you sober up.
5. Use a ride sharing service: Services like Uber and Lyft are growing in popularity. They’re similar to cabs, but you can track drivers and communicate with them via a smartphone app.
Whatever alternative way home you select, just remember that it is never safe to get behind the wheel of a car while drunk. Do your part to keep the roads safe!
Get the coverage you need. Call ACF Insurance Services at (919) 661-1100 for more information on Raleigh DWI insurance.