6 Tips for Ensuring Proper Residential Coverage
Owning and maintaining a home is one of the largest financial responsibilities you will ever have. If it has been awhile since you have looked at your Raleigh homeowners insurance policy, it is time to examine your coverage to be sure you are prepared in the event of disaster. Consider the following tips to be sure you’re not in a mess the next time you file a homeowner’s insurance claim.
1) Request written guidelines from your adjuster regarding how claims will be adjusted.
2) File away copies of all correspondence between you and your insurer.
3) Be sure you call the Department of Insurance if you consider hiring a public adjuster. You want to ensure s/he is properly licensed.
4) Keep all receipts of your living expenses and any other documents that pertain to your insurance or property. Keep those documents in one location, chronologically ordered, so they are easily accessed.
5) Log all phone calls between you and your adjuster.
6) Never speculate about what has been damaged or lost. Always stick to business and share only factual information.
Now that we’ve covered the tips for filing a homeowner’s insurance claim, let’s do a quick overview of the homeowner’s insurance coverage available to you. Remember that these policies can fall into several categories.
For more information about home insurance, give ACF Insurance a call at 919-878-7786.